Wednesday 4 March 2015

Eli Young Band Ignite Firefighter Love

"Prayer" Song Gets Approval of Families of Heroes

it’s not like the Eli Young Band set out to write a song about the firefighters who die in the line of duty. But again, watch Chicago Fire, so at least have some notion of the dangers these heroes face every day.



When I saw the new bonus video the band made for "Prayer for the Road", a song from their album than 10,000 people, the message is much, much deeper.

I already loved the way I love all country songs about the life of a musician tired of the road. Maybe more, however, because this is intoxicating voice and lyrics by Mike Eli on the note to his wife left in your suitcase:

"May the angels fly by your side, for every mile roll / that heaven hears this prayer, prayer for the road."

But then the video takes up a few notches emo introducing a firefighter who watches his wife crying for him as he is dying. (Once you realize what is happening, which is similar to Carrie Underwood "Just a Dream").

And that's how I know its moving firefighters World: Hundreds of people have to answer in the media. Too many families of firefighters to tell, but this handful of comments shows that a new group of Eli Young Band fans out there:

"Love love this song being a mom to two firefighters, wow, great job on this, bless ya'll! My Sarah joined Jesus in February 16, 2012 at 23, she would have loved this song because he loved be a firefighter, and my oldest remains a fireman. "

"I am a firefighter and this song hits home. I showed it to my wife and had her in tears. I think that's what I was looking for, mission accomplished."

"The husband of my sister went to heaven a year ago this week. Scott, Tanksley was an incredible firefighter, husband, father, brother and friend."

"The video is awesome and the tears are flowing. This really hits home! God bless our lifeguards and bring them home safely."

"This woman firefighter also loved!! Song amazing!"

"As the wife of a firefighter, the song and the video comes home. Cried the whole video. Beautiful song!"

"I love this. My husband and I are firefighter EMT and this definitely hits home. Love you. Thank you all."

The Eli Young Band launch Turn It On, a new four-song EP on March 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment