Monday 29 June 2015

Eli Young Band Warm Up Country Jam Crowd With Drinking, Love + Cover Songs

Who's tired? Nor the thousands of fans who were, sang, danced and clapped during Sunday night Eli Young Band (June 21), created in the Country Jam 2015. The sun was still, but the temperature had dropped only a little earlier in the day when he flirted with three digits. The four-man band took the stage and quickly got fans pumped with "Drink You Up", "Revelations" and "10000 Peoples".


 
"This is the time when we are all proof," said vocalist Mike Eli. "If you do not know the lyrics to this next song, you've been living under a rock." The boys then played a popular tapa, David Lee Murphy "Dust on the Bottle" before singing his own "Dust." Another cover towards the end of their set included Tom Petty "Learning to fly" and Garth Brooks "The Thunder Rolls ".

Of course, the band also became the title track of his new EP, Turn It On, followed by "Always love songs." "I feel like I'm sitting around a campfire in Texas," Eli admitted. Numerous small American flags waving in the air during the "Prayer for the Road", which is dedicated to "those of you out there who have served their country." American Pride floated through the air on the last day of Country Jam.

"Tomorrow morning some of you wake up with a headache ... I pray that you can think of us and smiled," Eli encouraged. The crowd cheered as "drunk last night" began to fill with Grand Junction. "Your place or mine" soon followed.

Before "Even if your heart is broken," the Texan leader told a quick story about his father, as it was Father's Day. "I remember the time I first saw Garth Brooks. I told my parents, 'That's what I want to do,'" Eli said. "My father said, 'Wow, I've been working three jobs in the past 10 years so we could go to college if you do not go to college, I'll kick your a-.'".

"Happy Father's Day!" Joked the singer. "I went to college, and all met and started a band. We were terrible students, but we were there ... This is for all dreamers out there."

Eli Young Band played just before headliner closed Toby Keith Country Jam 2015. "I want to thank Toby Keith, his band, and his crew for putting our butts drunk!" Eli said. "They have seen our madness. Now we would like to see his madness." The group wrapped his show with an exaggerated performance of "Crazy Girl".

No comments:

Post a Comment